Recipe by bbgrl79ca
Got this recipe from a friend. It is a simple, easy and yummy recipe. It's not too sweet, well at least I don't like it too sweet (so if I were to use ripe bananas, I would decrease the amount of sugar to maybe a 3/4 cup), and the best part of it is that no margarine or butter is used in this yecipe. :)
Top Review by ZMom Taylor
YYYYYYYYYYuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeee! We like it! It is moist and 'fluffy' with a crispy brown crust. We turned the oven off about 5 min early (but did not take it out till the timer ended.) Also, we used organic Succanat instead of regular sugar. Also, I think it would be slightly more delightful with chopped walnuts baked into the top.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 -5 bananas, smashed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, seperated
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehead oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Smash bananas.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar until stiff or take on a creamy look.
- Mix egg yolks with smashed bananas and 1/2 of the amount of flour.
- Then gradually add in the remaining flour.
- Fold in egg whites/sugar mixture into the banana mixture (Note: do not overmix) Pour mixture into a greased tin and bake for approximately 1 hour.