Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
There are a bazillion banana bread recipes but I can't seem to duplicate exactly. It is dense and has intense banana flavor and it never fails to get compliments. I have lost the piece of paper that this recipe lives on so many times and it has caused me so much anxiety. I have found it.....again.....so I am finally being smart and posting here for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place oven rack in its lowest position. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2.
- Mix sugar and butter in a large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Add bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients until moistened.
- Pour into pans. Bake for 1 hour, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans. Cool completely before slicing.
I halved the recipe to one loaf and made as stated excpet I added 1/2 tsp of baking powder. The bread is delicious, moist and great for anybody that likes this style of bread. Made for Sweet Traditions.
This bread didn't rise like other banana bread I made. But it was so moist and yummy. I made only 1 loaf. Thanks Invictus :) Made for Holiday tag
Beautiful Easy & Delicious!! The whole Family loved it. Nice and moist with great banana flavor. This is a must go to recipe. Made for Every Day Is A Holiday Tag Game