Recipe by One Little Deer
I've been making this recipe for years. The sour cream gives the bread it's moisture. It can be made into muffins or a loaf.
Top Review by Creation in Hope
I made this for the 2012 Pick A Chef in the Contests forum. This was a good bread, I likhe texture of the bread it was delicious ss well. I have also been informed that I am to make this recipe again for my daughter!!
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F, butter 9X5X3" loaf pan.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs beating well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and combine with the butter mixture. Blend well.
- Add the bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Stir in the nuts and pour into the pan.
- Bake 1 hour until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.