Recipe by shysavsianna
I love changing the ingredients in this recipe. You can make it a traditional banana bread. Or you can change and add; applesauce, sugar free, or use brown sugar. I also love making a brown sugar topping. Yummy!
- 8 tablespoons butter, at room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup shelled walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 in bread pan.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift all purpose flour, baking soda and salt together, stir in whole wheat flour and add to creamed mizture, mixing well.
- Fold in bananas, vanilla and walnuts.
- Roughly mix remaining butter and brown sugar into clumps. Sprinkle on top of the bread.
- Pour mixture into pan, bake 50 to 60 minutes or till cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes then in a rack.
- Makes one loaf.