Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This is a very good banana bread. I was thouroughly impressed with this recipe because most that I make actually have salt in it, and I have never used buttermilk. I was skeptical because it was really hard to pour but it turned out to be one of the best banana breads ever. Thanks so much for this wonderful bread.
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening, add sugar then eggs and beat well (I use electric mixer).
- Stir in buttermilk and bananas (by hand) and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to liquid mixture blending well.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured bread loaf pans.
- Bake 50- 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let the bread cool in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before removing.