Top Review by Di90210
Although I omitted the cloves and nuts, and substituted butter for the shortening (I had run out), this was some of the best banana bread I have ever tasted. My family loved it. This was also the FIRST TIME I'd ever made banana bread, and I couldn't believe how EASY this recipe was. I made little cupcakes as well, and they were also excellent. I'll most definately be making this recipe again. Thanks!
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 9 ripe bananas
- 6 eggs
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- 1 dash clove (optional)
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, salt, soda and spices, set aside.
- Place 4-5 bananas and 3 eggs in blender, blend thoroughly.
- Place remaining bananas and eggs in blender, blend thoroughly.
- Cream sugar and shortening, blend in banana and egg mixture.
- Mix in flour, but do not overmix.
- Bake in greased bread tins.
- A bundt pan also works nicely but will not hold entire recipe.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, or until bread tests done.