Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I needed to modify the sugar content of a banana blueberry oatmeal bread for my diabetic husband, but as I started baking I realized that I didn't have half the ingredients called for (like fresh blueberries, enough flour, or any baking powder), & by the time I got though 'modifying,' it was a whole new recipe. And this turned out so well, that I'm going to try it using other dried/rehydrated fruits - this opens up a wide array of options that I can keep on the shelf! :-)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (or 2/3 cup sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas (ripe, brown)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (6 ounce) packageblueberry-flavored craisins
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour a loaf pan.
- In a wide flat bowl, spread out Blueberry-Flavored Craisins & drizzle with honey. Cover loosely & warm in microwave for 30 seconds at low (30%) setting, then stir to cover all blueberries with honey (& add about a teaspoon of water if it seems too dry), then warm again in microwave for 1 minute at 30% setting. Leave in microwave to rehydrate while you complete steps 3 & 4.
- In a large bowl mix Bisquick, sugar sub (or sugar) & oats.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas, then beat in the eggs & oil. Add to the dry ingredients & mix to combine.
- Fold in the rehydrated & honeyed Blueberry-Flavored Craisins, & pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove from pan & cool on a wire rack.