Recipe by cookiedog
I brought these to work and they got rave reviews. I used the Banana Crunch cereal from Trader Joes. Recipe is from Kraft.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups post selects Banana Nut Crunch cereal, crushed
- 1 ounce square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 325ºF. Mix flour, baking powder and salt until well blended; set aside. Beat sugar and margarine in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, bananas and vanilla; beat until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until well blended after each addition. Stir in crushed cereal.
- DIVIDE dough in half with floured hands; place on lightly floured surface. Roll each half into 14x2-inch log. Place, 2 inches apart, on nonstick baking sheet.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minute or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack; cool 5 minute Transfer to cutting board. Use serrated knife to diagonally cut each log into 12 slices. Place, cut-sides up and 1/2 inch apart, on same baking sheet. Bake an additional 12 to 15 minute or until slightly dry. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until chocolate is firm. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
- Jazz It Up: Mix 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons orange juice until well blended. Drizzle over cooled biscotti. Let stand until glaze is firm.
- Cranberry Breakfast Biscotti: Prepare biscotti as directed, omitting the banana, increasing the sugar to 3/4 cup and using POST CRANBERRY ALMOND CRUNCH Cereal.