Recipe by Michelle of the shire
The perfect cake for a monkey themed party. This is a yellow cake with a hint of banana. The frosting is rich and smooth. A hit with young and old!
- 510.29 g box yellow cake mix
- 96.38 g package instant banana pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml water
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 828.06 ml confectioners' sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all cake ingredients well.
- Pour cake mix into two greased 9" round cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Frosting: In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add confectioners sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high until frosting is smooth.
- Spread frosting on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with candy topping. As a cute option, you could decorate with small monkey toys.