Eileen's Birthday Banana Cake With Buttercream Frosting
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas, very ripe, mashed to equal 1 cup
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour two 8-or 9-inch round cake pans, and line the bottoms with parchment.
- Cream the butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually add the sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating until pale & fluffy. Blend in vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl,sift the flour with the baking powder,soda & salt.
- In a another small bowl, combine mashed bananas & buttermilk.
- To the creamed mixture add in the following order, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended: A third of the flour mixture,half the banana mixture,half the remaining flour mixture,the remaining banana mixture,then the remaining flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into pans. Bake 25-30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before inverting onto wire racks. Cool before frosting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home Mom with three handsome little boys! I love to cook and try out new recipes! Here is a picture of my boys,they are my whole world! Click the link below!- http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/301353/DSCN0044.JPG <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">