Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
from "family fresh cooking" - http://www.familyfreshcooking.com/2011/01/13/banana-almond-snack-cake-recipe/
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup fine cornflour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup about 4 medium very ripe banana, peeled & mashed
- 1⁄4 cup almond butter
- 1 large egg, whisked at room temperature
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350ËšF with the rack in the middle of oven. Grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine dry and wet ingredients.
- Put mixture in loaf pan & top with slivered almonds. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool cake to room temperature, flip out of pan & slice.