Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A really quick and easy stew to put together. This has no nasty surprises such as skin, bones, gristle, etc. Serve with corn bread or crackers and American cheese.
- In a soup pot, over medium high heat, add chicken broth, chicken, and onions.
- If neccessary, break up large chunks of chicken.
- Bring to a boil,reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes,and corn . Use 1/2 cup water to rinse cans and add to pot.
- Stir well, cover, and adjust heat so you have a slow simmer. Usually somewhere between medium low and medium.
- After simmering for 30 minutes, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue simmering for at least 1 1/2 hours, covered.
- Stir often to be sure corn doesn't stick.
- If neccessary, add more water to thin.
- Some people like macaroni in their stew. If you do, add 1/2 cup elbow macaroni about 1 hour before cooking time is finished.
- This refrigerates very well, and tastes even better the next day.