Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very basic, flavorful salad dressing made with fresh herbs.
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil slowly.
- Transfer to a covered jar and refrigerate to let flavors develop.
- Remove garlic before serving.
This was very good. I would have given this 5 stars but I was limited to dried herbs, to which I added 1 tbs dried parsley, and used one minced shallot in place of the garlic. The proportions of oil to vinegar were just right for us. I will use this recipe again, next time when I have fresh herbs.