Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
I first tried this at a wedding shower and every one of the guests (including myself) begged for the recipe. Don't let the seemingly odd combination of strawberries and tomatoes throw you off, it is delicious. I make this to take to showers, dinner parties, picnics--anywhere where people will be snacking. I NEVER have leftovers. A wonderful alternative for those who don't like "hot" salsas.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes or 2 pints grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 pint strawberry, diced
- 8 green onions with tops, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix diced tomatoes, strawberries, green onions, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Pour over vegetable mixture and toss till evenly coated.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap and let chill for at least one hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips (I prefer white corn).
I really like using fruits as accompanyment to my meats,, this was perfect for everyone in the house, even the little ones, only change I made, I used a strawberry basalmic, really made the flavor pop, thanks for the recipe
I guess I just expect "salsa" to have heat. Seemed like the flavors would be exciting, too, as I like all the ingredients. We were indifferent to it. Sorry - we usually love these types of recipes!
Very nice and unique...when you want a change from regular salsa this is the recipe. Serve on your balcony or patio on a a nice hot day along with a nice glass of Riesling or Chardonnay! Thanks for the new recipe!