Recipe by Ewalla
This is a great way to use fresh summer vegetables and since I used rotisserie chicken it takes no time. Using a bottled balsamic dressing would make it even easier but I didn't have any on hand so I made my own.
- 226.79 g whole wheat penne, cooked according to package
- 236.59 ml rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 summer squash, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 473.19 ml grape tomatoes
- 226.79 g package frozen sugar snap peas
- 113.39 g goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Boil pasta and drain but be sure to reserve some pasta water for later.
- Combine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper and whisk in oil.
- Place squash and zucchini on a baking sheet and brush with balsamic vinaigrette. Roast in oven for about 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Brush tomatoes with vinaigrette and add to the pan after about 5 minutes of roasting the other vegetables.
- Meanwhile heat sugar snap peas according to package directions.
- Once vegetables are finished cooking add them to the boiled pasta. Then add sugar snap peas, sundried tomatoes, and goat cheese.
- Drizzle extra balsamic vinaigrette over pasta and add about 1/4 - 1/2 cup pasta water. Toss pasta and serve.