This is a great way to use fresh summer vegetables and since I used rotisserie chicken it takes no time. Using a bottled balsamic dressing would make it even easier but I didn't have any on hand so I made my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g whole wheat penne, cooked according to package
- 236.59 ml rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 summer squash, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 473.19 ml grape tomatoes
- 226.79 g package frozen sugar snap peas
- 113.39 g goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced finely
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Boil pasta and drain but be sure to reserve some pasta water for later.
- 3Combine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper and whisk in oil.
- 4Place squash and zucchini on a baking sheet and brush with balsamic vinaigrette. Roast in oven for about 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- 5Brush tomatoes with vinaigrette and add to the pan after about 5 minutes of roasting the other vegetables.
- 6Meanwhile heat sugar snap peas according to package directions.
- 7Once vegetables are finished cooking add them to the boiled pasta. Then add sugar snap peas, sundried tomatoes, and goat cheese.
- 8Drizzle extra balsamic vinaigrette over pasta and add about 1/4 - 1/2 cup pasta water. Toss pasta and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.3
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 141.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 20.2 g