Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Flavorful, moist, and a family favorite!
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 -5 large white potatoes
- You will need a large baking dish or roasting pan.
- Cut the chicken in half, lengthwise.
- Take your hands and separate the skin from the meat, without ripping the skin.
- Mix the vinaigrette and dried spices for your liquid marinade (you can marinate this for as long as you would like).
- Pour the mixture under the skin of the chicken, save a little bit to pour onto the top of the chicken.
- Arrange the potatoes around the sides of the chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and any other of the dry spices.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 450°F.
- Reduce heat to 400°F and cook for about an hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 170°F.
- Uncover and broil for 5-10 minutes or until the skin is browned and crispy.