This is a healthier pizza recipe from Foodland Ontario. YThe balsamic onions add a sweetness that contrasts with the tangy goat cheese. You can also use low-fat cheese and experiment with other vegetables like spinach or broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 8 -10 stalks asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch (1cm)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 baked 12-inch whole wheat pizza crust (30 cm)
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (or according to pizza crust directions on package).
- 2In a frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and garlic until softened and golden, about 8 minutes.
- 3Add vinegar and sugar; stir.
- 4Add asparagus; cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Add tomato, basil, salt, and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- 6Spread asparagus mixture over whole-wheat pizza crust; top with goat cheese.
- 7Place pizza directly on middle oven rack (for softer, chewier crust bake on cookie sheet).
- 8Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until crust browns.
- 9Broil for 2 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Onions, Asparagus, & Goat Cheese Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat pizza crusts