Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This brightens up boring green beans. It's full of flavor and healthy.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed, washed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, regular flavor
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling water that has been salted, for 6 minutes. Drain. Plunge beans in cold water and drain again.
- Saute garlic in oil for 30 seconds over medium heat. Add green beans and saute an additional 3-4 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Saute 1 minute longer.
I halved the recipe and skipped step one. I micro'd the beans for 2.5 minutes instead. (Less nutrients lost that way) I didn't measure the salt and pepper. Just used it to my tastes. I think one could easily half the oil. I found the finished product a little oily and the less oil the better for calorie counting.
Good quick side dish. I took another reviewer's recommendation and did halve the oil, which worked out fine. I think you could even double the balsamic too to punch that flavor up.
great recipe! simple, easy, and tasty! I used frozen green beans instead of fresh, and microwaved them instead of cooking and blanching them.