Recipe by American lost in Belgium
This is a modified version of a recipe from Campbell's Kitchen. The only change is they use Swanson Chicken Broth and I opted for vegetable since I'm a pescatarian (only eat fish).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon fillets, 3/4-inch thick (8 fillets)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- orange slice (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the salmon in a 12 x 8 x 2-inch shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with black pepper and drizzle with oil. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Stir the cornstarch, broth, vinegar, orange juice, brown sugar and orange peel into a 2-quart saucepan over high heat. Heat the mixture to a boil. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Place the salmon on a serving platter and serve with the sauce. Garnish with the orange slices.