Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a tasty and simple skillet recipe for pork chops. I usually use really thick boneless chops (about 1 1/4" thick), but any thickess can be used; just adjust cooking time.
- Season both sides of the pork chops with the salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, juice, honey, cornstarch and thyme until smooth; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add seasomed chops. Brown chops for 2 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add vinegar mixture to skillet.
- Cover and simmer chops for 10-15 minutes (more or less time, depending on the thickness of your chops).
- Serve with sauce poured over top.
Really great flavor! I think I overcooked my chops a bit, 10 min was too long for butterfly chops. I didn't have pineapple juice so I used orange, and added some more cornstarch to thicken. I also added just a little Dijon mustard to the sauce. Really fantastic combination of flavors, thank you!
My chops were quite thick but turned out a little dry. Maybe my fault. Had to use OJ as I did not have pineapple. Will try again tho. The sauce was good
Excellent recipe! As with most recipes I made a few adjustments here and there (probably because I like to think I'm far more of a chef than I am!) like using OJ instead of pineapple juice (which I didnt have). Overall, a great recipe that was easy and tasted great over a little bowtie pasta.