Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Use a high quality balsamic vinegar for best results!
- 1 lb swiss chard
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Wash the chard and chop or tear into pieces, discarding the rough stems.
- Heat tomatoes over medium heat in large skillet.
- Add vinegar and chard.
- Cover and steam until cooked to desired tenderness (5 to 15 minutes).
Excellent!! I added a can of chickpeas and made this a main dish. Thanks for posting.
This gets 4 stars because I loved it but my husband hated it. After the chard cooked, the whole mix was really runny. I took the chard and tomatoes out with a slotted spoon and then turned up the heat to reduce the tomato/balsamic combo.