Healthy Sweet Potato Lentil Curry
A healthy and very filling curry , great with naan bread and cucumber raita. Make sure to use a high quality curry powder, the best come from bulk bins in health food stores.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- salt and pepper
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- chopped cilantro, lime juice
- heat olive oil over medium heat.
- optional- if you want the sweet potato soft, microwave for 2-3 min
- add shallots and cook until soft.
- add ginger and garlic and saute for 1-2 minute.
- add curry powder and mix thoroughly.
- add sweet potatoes, lentils, and broth.
- bring to a boil then simmer at least 45 minute.
- the longer this simmers the better! before serving increase heat to high and stir in the cilantro and lime juice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Another wonderful dish. Again, very simple to make and so delicious my boyfriend licked his bowl! (This is becoming a common theme with your recipes!). I didn't add the lime juice or cilantro at the end and it was great without. We served on rice seasoned with tumeric and onion flakes. Made for PAC Spring 20131Reply