Recipe by Charlotte J
When I was given this free recipe in the grocery store and saw balsamic vinegar in it, I knew I had to give it a try someday.
Top Review by spicy and lovin it
Good recipe.I did not have honey or green onion. I did add whole cup of chicken broth and a tsp of cumin. I also used bone in chicken breasts instead of thighs and drumsticks. I placed it over brown and wild rice combination. Would definetly make again. Thanks for recipe. Next time I might add some different herbs.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken pieces evenly with pepper and salt.
- Cook chicken in hot vegetable oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until slightly brown on all sides, turning pieces often.
- Remove chicken from skillet, and drain on paper towels.
- Drain excess oil from skillet.
- Add chopped garlic to skillet, and saute over medium heat 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and 1/2 cup chicken broth, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
- Add 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar and 3 tablespoons honey; increase heat to medium-high, and bring glaze to a boil.
- Add chicken, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, uncovered, turning occasionally, 45 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is done.
- Spoon balsamic glaze mixture over chicken, and sprinkle evenly with green onion.