Recipe by Chelley-Chelle
Recipe courtesy Padma Lakshmi (Food Network) I love this fish! I sometimes substitute cilantro for the mint
- 2 lbs red snapper fillets
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons water
- fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, minced (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pat dry the fish fillets, season with salt and pepper, and arrange in a shallow baking dish.
- In a blender or food processor combine the onion, garlic, gingerroot, tamarind paste, sesame oil, cumin, salt to taste, and 2 tablespoons water and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture over fish, coating both sides.
- Bake fish, covered with foil, in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer fillets to a serving dish, correct seasoning, adding more salt if necessary, and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Garnish with mint.