Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a tasty little dish from Cookie Magazine
Make and share this Baked Zucchini Fries With Tomato Coulis recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb tomato, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots or 1 tablespoon onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 medium zucchini
- Cut zucchini ;lengthwise strips into 2 inch long and and 1/4 inch thick pieces - You can peel or not peel.
- Combine all coulis ingredients into a blender and puree. Transfer to a saute pan and cook over medium heat until fragrant and warmed through, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to the refrigerator to cool.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Place the flour in another bowl and beaten eggs in a smaller bowl. Dip the zucchini stick first in the flour until lightly coated, then in the beaten eggs. Roll them in the bread crumb mixture until well coated.
- Transfer the zucchini pieces to a nonstick baking sheet and bake until the zucchini is tender but the coating is crisp, about 20 minutes. Let the fries cool slightly before eating. Serve with the coulis as a dipping sauce.