1/3 Photos of Baked Zucchini Coins
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
If you love to order deep fried zucchini sticks in restaurants, then you will LOVE this healthier at home version. You won't even be able to tell they aren't deep fried! I Serve them as a side to steak and a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, cornmeal, salt, basil and pepper on a plate.
- 2Beat egg in a small bowl.
- 3Slice zucchini into 1/4" thick coins (its easier to brown them more evenly in the oven if they are coins because you only have to flip them once).
- 4Dip zucchini into egg and then into cornmeal mixture.
- 5Coat a parchment lined cookie sheet with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Arrange zucchini coins on cookie sheet and bake at 425° for about 10 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- 6Serve with bottled blue cheese or ranch dressing as an appetizer or with steak and salad for a meal.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Zucchini Coins
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 609.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g