1/1 Photo of Baked Ziti With Sausage
Stacey Sweet's Note:
I like to use the sauce as a base and change the meat and pasta. Easy to put together and rarely leftovers! Stacey
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 12 ounces Italian sausages
- 3 cups ground tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb dry ziti pasta
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 440°F.
- 2in a large saucepan heat olive oil add yellow onion and cook until tender.
- 3add sausage, continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- 4add tomatoes, oregano and basil.
- 5simmer sauce on low In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, salt,parsley and parmesan cheese.
- 6set aside.
- 7In a large pot of boling salted water, cook pasta until it is not quite al dente.
- 8drain pasta and combine with ricotta cheese mixture.
- 9remove sauce from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- 10after cooling, add sauce to pasta/ricotta mixture and mix well.
- 11pour mixture into a 4-5 quart baking dish.
- 12spread mozzarella cheese evenly over pasta.
- 13bake until cheese begins to brown, about 20 minutes.
- 14let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ziti With Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 736.8
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 1484.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 37.8 g