1/9 Photos of Baked Ziti and Summer Vegetables
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces uncooked ziti pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow squash
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt, and drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add oil to pan.
- 4Add squash, zucchini, and onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- 5Add tomato and garlic and saute 3 minutes, remove from heat and stir in pasta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, all herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and all the pepper.
- 6Combine ricotta, remaining salt, and egg, and stir into pasta mixture.
- 7Spoon into an 8-inch square glass, or ceramic baking dish, coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 8Bake 400 degrees or until bubbly, and browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ziti and Summer Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 663.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 16.2 g