I love this recipe because it's always better the next day.
Make and share this Baked Ziti recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a pan with olive oil, add in chopped onion and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes. Add in ground beef and cook until done. Add in Italian seasoning and red pepper.
- When done, set meat aside.
- Using same pan remove the casings from the sausage and crumble and saute until crispy, not burnt.
- Heat water to a rolling boil to cook pasta.
- Cook ziti al dente.
- The same pan mix sausage and ground beef.
- Add sauce and pasta to pan with meat and mix.
- In an aluminum tin, line the bottom with the meat and pasta mixture and sprinkle cheese. Keep layering until done adding cheese in between. You may need two tins.
- Bake in oven at 350°F covered for about 1/2 hours. Remove tin foil and continue baking for another 1/2 hour or until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with parsley and cut into squares and serve.