1/1 Photo of Baked Ziti
1 hr 45 mins
Loves Food's Note:
I love this recipe because it's always better the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a pan with olive oil, add in chopped onion and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes. Add in ground beef and cook until done. Add in Italian seasoning and red pepper.
- 2When done, set meat aside.
- 3Using same pan remove the casings from the sausage and crumble and saute until crispy, not burnt.
- 4Heat water to a rolling boil to cook pasta.
- 5Cook ziti al dente.
- 6The same pan mix sausage and ground beef.
- 7Add sauce and pasta to pan with meat and mix.
- 8In an aluminum tin, line the bottom with the meat and pasta mixture and sprinkle cheese. Keep layering until done adding cheese in between. You may need two tins.
- 9Bake in oven at 350°F covered for about 1/2 hours. Remove tin foil and continue baking for another 1/2 hour or until crispy and golden brown.
- 10Remove from oven. Sprinkle with parsley and cut into squares and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1291.2
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 114.9 mg
- Sodium 805.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 176.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 71.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
your favorite sauce
pre-shredded mozzarella cheese