Recipe by Boomette
From Coup de Pouce. This is an healthy recipe that I plan to try soon. And also it's done in less than 30 minutes.
Top Review by Spencer #2
This was an excellent way to cook trout. It seems to be healthy also. I used panko whole wheat bread crumbs. It gave the trout filets a delightfully crunchy coating. I baked until the almonds were starting to toast a little dark and this resulted in perfectly cooked fish. I would definitely make again.
- 59.14 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped or 9.85 ml dried parsley
- 2.46 ml mustard powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 4 trout fillets, skin removed (about 1 lb/500 g total)
- 59.14 ml slivered almonds, chopped
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the buttermilk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, mix breadcrumbs, parsley, mustard powder, salt and pepper. Dip the trouts in buttermilk, letting drain the excess , then put in the breadcrumbs flipping them to coat well (shake to remove the excess).
- Put the trout fillets on a baking sheet that has oiled foil on it. Sprinkle almonds on them and drizzle with butter. Cook in a preheated oven of 450 F 8 to 12 minutes per inch of thickness or until it flakes easily with a fork.