Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Classic Canadian Cooking. Feel free to add more basil!
- 12 small tomatoes (or 24 cherry tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Trim off the stems of the tomatoes.
- Place butter, oil, salt and pepper in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold all the tomatoes.
- Brush the butter mixture over all sides of the tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes in dish, stem side down.
- Bake until skins just begin to break, about 10 minutes, basting once with accumulated juices.
- Sprinkle with basil and parsley and serve.