Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick, easy and light vegetable side dish for tomato lovers.
- 2 large ripe but firm tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place the tomatoes cut side up on the pan and sprinkle evenly with the black pepper, garlic powder, parmesan and then the oregano.
- Bake until the tomatoes are tender but not squishy.
- Approximately 8-10 minutes depending on the size and ripeness of the tomatoes.
Very tasty! I loved it! I used 1 large tomato for the 2 of us and it needed to be cooked for 25 minutes in order to be cooked sufficently. Wonderful! Excellent side dish.
I had one large tomato to cook for the two of us. It took about 20 minutes to cook. Worth every minute! We really enjoyed this simple way to make a tomato very tasty! The Parmesan cheese gave a good bite to it. We'll be having these a lot this summer.
I thought this was quick and easy to make and a nice side dish. Really watch the baking time - my tomatoes weren't that large but they needed to be cooked a bit longer. When tomatoes are at their peak this summer I plan to makes these a lot. Thanks for sharing.