Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like tofu once in a great while, so when I saw this recipe, I decided to give it a try. It was wonderful! I didn't eat much as I made only 1 lb for about 12-14 people to taste. This would be fantastic with a vegetable stir-fry, basmati rice and a nice Zinfandel -- if you choose a nice salad. It takes 20 minutes to marinate -- mealsforyou. I don't like mango or chutney's very much so I was the one who added the apricot preserves.
- 1 lb tofu, cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 scallions, trimmed and chopped (both white & green parts)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt, if needed
- fresh ground black pepper, if needed
- 1⁄4 cup purchased mango chutney (optional) or 1⁄4 cup homemade mango chutney (optional) or 1⁄4 cup all-fruit no-sugar apricot preserves (optional)
- Arrange tofu slices in a single layer in a non-reactive baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except chutney, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake vigorously.
- Pour over tofu and marinate 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake tofu in marinade 10-15 minutes.
- Add a small amount of water if tofu becomes too dry.
- Serve with chutney, if desired.