This is another recipe on a newspaper clipping my mom and I found when cleaning out one of her kitchen closets. These make a great side dish, or light meal served up with a green salad.
- Cut a small sliver from the bottom of each zucchini so it will lie flat without rolling over. Cut a larger sliver from the top to expose the insides of the zucchini. Use a spoon to carefully hollow out the zucchini, being careful not to break all the way through the skin.
- Coarsely chop the zucchini insides. Mince the garlic.
- In a nonstick skillet, brown the sausage. Drain well.
- Mix the chopped zucchini, sausage, and garlic. Stir in the diced bread and moisten with the chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the stuffing mixture among the 4 hollowed-out zucchini. Place them in a shallow microwave-safe baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave 4-5 minutes, until zucchini is tender. Let stand 2-3 minutes before serving.