Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
A friend of mine gave me this recipe, and both my spouse and I love it.
Make and share this Baked Stuffed Winter Squash recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash halves cut side down in baking pans. Fill pans with about 1/2 inch water. Bake squash 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender.
- While squash bakes, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place onions and celery in the skillet, and cook until tender. Stir in the sausage and thyme. Cook and stir until evenly brown.
- Remove squash from the oven, and carefully scrape the pulp from the rinds. Set rinds aside. Place the pulp in a bowl, and mash with a potato masher. Mix in the cooked sausage mixture, egg, bread crumbs, raisins, and pecans. Scoop into the reserved rinds. Set stuffed squash in the baking dishes.
- Bake 25 minutes in the 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven, until heated through.