1/12 Photos of Baked Stuffed Pasta Shells
Little Bee's Note:
These are just fantastic! This is one of DH's favorite things I make. Great for family dinner or pot luck. This is really pretty easy to make and true Italian comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g jumbo pasta shells
- 295.73 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded (Reserve 1/4 cup)
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 907.18 g ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 226.79 g spaghetti sauce (jarred or homemade)
- fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
- 1In an 8 quart pot, bring water to a boil and cook shells for 8 minutes or until al dente.
- 2Drain and cool immediately with cold water.
- 3Drain and place open side down on paper towels.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine the rest of ingredients except the spaghetti sauce.
- 5Reserve the 1/4 cup of Mozzarella.
- 6Place a thin layer of spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 12 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- 7Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 8Spoon the cheese mixture into each pasta shell and place open side up, in a single layer, in prepared pan.
- 9Pour the rest of sauce over the stuffed shells.
- 10Loosely cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- 11During last 5 minutes of baking, remove foil and sprinkle remaining Mozzarella cheese on top.
- 12Bake 5 more minutes.
- 13Garnish with fresh chopped basil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Stuffed Pasta Shells
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.7
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 398.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 24.5 g