Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so yummy! I like to make this whenever we're having company for breakfast. Note that this recipe is for 2 servings, 2 pieces per person.
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 8 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups corn, flake crumbs crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spread 2 tablespoons of whipped cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of strawberry jam on a piece of bread and then top with another piece. Repeat this with all of the slices.
- Combine the eggs, milk, salt and vanilla in one bowl (I like to use a shallow dish, like an 8x8 baking dish).
- Place the cornflake crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Grease a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture, and then into the cornflake crumbs. Place it on the greased cookie sheet, and then drizzle butter on top.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- For the Cinnamon Syrup: Combine everything but the evaporated milk and the butter in a saucepan, and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the milk and butter. Serve warm. This will make enough for more than 2 people, I like to save some in my fridge and use it within the week. :).