Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from our local newspaper. I often serve it with Italian dishes.
- 1 medium butternut squash (2 lbs)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, peel and lightly crushed
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut peeled squash into 1" pieces.
- Place olive oil in a large bowl along with the garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss well and place into a greased shallow oven proof baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle over squash.
- Bake at 375*F for 35-45 minutes or until squash is tender and the topping is light brown.
my baby & I loved this! it was so good. all the flavor combinations is what i enjoyed the most. my dbf & ds didn't like it, but they aren't fans of squash. i will make smaller batches of it next time for the 2 of us. this makes quite alot.