Recipe by evelyn/athens
This can accompany a roast or can be served as an appetizer or even main course in its own right.
Top Review by Georgia Girl
This is one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth!! I did not have any edam so I used grated mozzarella and it was great. There was just a little leftover and I must confess that I hid it so I could have it the next day!! It was even great cold right out of the fridge. My family absolutely loved it so I will definitely be making this many times again.
- 1 cup finely chopped spring onion (leek can also be used)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated edam cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese (if not using the Roquefort, up the feta by 1/4 cup) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesready-to-use spinach, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Mix first 8 ingredients in large bowl.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add spinach; sauté until wilted and juices evaporate, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer spinach to strainer; drain well.
- Let cool slightly and stir into bowl with cheese mixture, mixing well.
- Empty spinach/cheese mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake until heated through, about 30-35 minutes.