Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes by Carol Gelles - winner of the Julia Childs Cookbook Awards. This was the first baked spaghetti recipe I ever made for my kids, and since then, they prefer it over all the other versions (they say the other kinds just taste like regular spaghetti). The best part of this recipe is the crispy, chewy top. And it is so economical and easy to make.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can campbell's tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Return the spaghetti to the empty pot and stir in the butter until melted.
- Stir in the soup and Cheddar cheese.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until top is nicely browned.
- Variation: Bake in a 9X13-inch pan for more browned top.