1 hr 10 mins
This recipe comes from 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes by Carol Gelles - winner of the Julia Childs Cookbook Awards. This was the first baked spaghetti recipe I ever made for my kids, and since then, they prefer it over all the other versions (they say the other kinds just taste like regular spaghetti). The best part of this recipe is the crispy, chewy top. And it is so economical and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9-inch-square baking pan.
- 3Cook the spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- 4Return the spaghetti to the empty pot and stir in the butter until melted.
- 5Stir in the soup and Cheddar cheese.
- 6Spoon into pan.
- 7Bake 45 minutes or until top is nicely browned.
- 8Variation: Bake in a 9X13-inch pan for more browned top.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.3
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 67.3 mg
- Sodium 747.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 19.3 g