Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Through the years I have tried to accumulate a collection of recipes that can be prepared very quickly but are still quite elegant. This is one of those dishes. It can easily be doubled or tripled as needed. Also, it can be baked in individual dishes for ease in serving. It can be a first course or a main dish.
- Preheat oven to 450^F.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and brush some of the butter over a ten inch glass pie plate.
- Put the scallops in the dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add breadcrumbs and garlic to the butter in the skillet and stir over medium heat until the crumbs are crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in parsley and tarragon.
- Top the scallops with the crumb mixture.
- Bake until top is golden and scallops are opaque in center, about 10 minutes.
This just didn't work for me. A cup of breadcrumbs is a lot. I ended up with scallops covered in dry bread crumbs that baked dry. I took this out of my recipebook.
Fabulous dish! I can't wait to try it on guests! My fresh tarragon is up so I was able to use it. (You just can't beat fresh herbs). This is a great tasting dish and so easy to prepare. Thanks AGAIN normaone, for another great recipe.
I tried this recipe tonight and made a couple of changes. I only had 8 oz of scallops so I decreased the breadcrumbs. As for breadcrumbs I used foccacia sticks (parmesan and garlic flavored) added a pat of butter to the top of each little dish, baked for 7 minutes and then squirted a little fresh lemon over the top. Got a 4 star review from hubby! It's a do again for sure!