Cheesy Baked Scallops
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces scallops
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped onions
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup gruyere or 1/4 cup a mild cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- season salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small saucepan melt butter.
- Add garlic, onions, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook on low heat for 4 minutes. Add breadcrumbs. Mix well. Set aside.
- In large sauté pan heat olive oil. Add onions and garlic. Sauté 2 minutes.
- Place scallops in baking dish. Pour heavy cream and white wine on the scallops. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Top with Parmesan and Gruyere cheese. Bake 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese is lightly brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was delicious! But as Chef #1095387 stated , the directions are not clear. I had already added the garlic to the butter and so forth in the sauce pan so could only saute the onions in the skillet. Your directions also do not indicate how much olive oil to use when sauteing the onion. With a few minor corrections to the directions, this could be a 5-star all the way because the flavor is absolutely wonderful!!!!!
This recipe is not very clear. prep lines 2. and 3. make no sense. Do you add the onions and garlic in step 2 or do you saute' them in step 3? There isn't enough to do both. If you follow step 3. it doesn't say what to do with the saute' onions and garlic, maybe you should say saute' scallops, NOT or both, onions and garlic, and delete them from step 2. Step 4. says "sprinkle" with bread crumb mixture, this does not "sprinkle" it is wet due to the butter. My thoughts are, the bottle of white wine was finished before this recipe was posted.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am from Andover, Ma. We have a place in Maine where we spend most of the summer. I have a wonderful husband in my life that I thank God for everyday. I love to cook and bake. It relaxes me. And I love it when I see the smiles on peoples faces when they love what I have cooked. Thanks to all of you and your recipes this happens alot!</p>