Recipe by Lorac
Hot and hearty ! Can be made ahead and cooked before serving.
Top Review by Cathy17
WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! As soon as I saw this, I had to make it! I didn't have a party going on or a special occasion, but I surprised my dh with it tonight. Did I say WOW? Can I give it more than 5 stars? We like spicy so I used our spicy deer sausage that was processed with all the spices in it, so ours had a nice kick. I omitted the olives because I don't like them and used medium salsa for an even bigger kick. Did I say it's fantastic? DH devoured it! YUMM!
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (13 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mild salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (8 oz)
- 1 (4 ounce) jarsliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (1 lb) bag tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook sausage over medium heat, breaking up the meat with the edge of a spoon, drain.
- Spread the beans over the bottom of a 2 1/2 quart shallow baking dish and top with sausage.
- Pour salsa over sausage, add cheeses, sprinkle with olives and green onions.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes, top with sour cream and serve with chips.