Recipe by Chele D
I had baked salmon at a friend's house recently. (She is an Alaskan native and had some salmon she brought back from vacation. Yummy) She spread mayo and some seasonings on the fish then baked it. I had never heard of that before, but it was really good. I came up with my own twist using that idea. I made this last night and it was wonderful. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 -3 lbs salmon fillets (whatever your preference) or 2 -3 lbs steaks (whatever your preference)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (full fat, All measurements are approximate.)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (if dried probably 1 1/2 t)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or 1-2 pkt of true lemon)
- seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients (except salmon).
- Stir well.
- Add a few dashes of seasoning salt and a few grinds of fresh pepper. Taste for seasoning preference. All measurements are approximate.
- Place fish into a baking pan sprayed with oil or rubbed with olive oil or butter.
- Season lightly with seasoned salt and pepper then generously spread mayo mixture all over the top of the fish. Make it to the thickness you prefer. I had about 1/4 in or so.
- Bake uncovered in a 450 degree oven until fish is almost done (mine took 15-20 min for fillets which seemed a bit long, but they weren't done.)
- Then broil until lightly golden.