Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good salmon recipe that my family enjoys. You can use homemade mashed potatoes if that is all you have.
- 3 cups frozen mashed potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup prechopped onion, minced
- 5 tablespoons basil pesto, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs salmon fillets, boneless, skinless, cut into 6 equal portions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a large baking sheet with Pam. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, onion, 4 Tbsp pesto, egg, and pepper.
- Shape into 6 oval patties about 1/4" thick.
- Place on prepared sheet and bake until edges start to brown, about 15 minute.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the oil with the remaining 1 Tbsp pesto.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Place salmon on top of each patty.
- Drizzle with pesto oil.
- Bake until salmon is opaque, about 12 minutes.