Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Excellent baked salmon.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a saucepan bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add rice and stir.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a large pan, add enough water to just cover the bottom of the pan.
- Lay the salmon filet in the pan, pink side up.
- Place cooked rice around the outside of the fish.
- Sprinkle the orange juice over the fish and rice.
- In a small bowl, combine the dill weed, rosemary, basil, mustard, lemon pepper and sprinkle over the fish and rice.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until the salmon is tender and flaky.
Thanks for a great starter recipe. We like garlic with our salmon, so diced about 4 cloves and added to marinade. I like to make things a little easier when I cook, so placed salmon in aluminum foil and poured marinade over, skin side down. Marinated for about 30 minutes. Just placed packet on jelly roll pan and placed in oven for called for time. Did not use rice in packet. Came out terrific!
The mixture of spices was good. I might do white rice next time. It seems to hold flavor better in my experience. This is fairly quick. No leftovers - always a good sign.
Not very good