Recipe by threeovens
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This recipe is made with chicken drumsticks which are baked with creamy, cheesy grits (polenta).
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 rosemary sprigs, coarsely chopped
- fresh lemon juice
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml coarse cornmeal or 236.59 ml grits
- 1 ear of corn, kernals removed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 59.14 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 0.25 ml kosher salt (optional)
- 236.59 ml grape tomatoes, halved
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, brown chicken well on all sides in oil, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the polenta by heating the water to boiling and stirring in the cornmeal or grits; continue to cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is browned.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F; butter a baking dish large enough to hold all the chicken.
- Stir corn, peppers, and cheese into the polenta mixture (it will still be quite runny); season with a pinch of salt and/or pepper if desired.
- Pour polenta into baking dish, arrange chicken legs on top of the polenta and cover with rosemary, then sprinkle tomatoes around the outside edges; cover tightly with Reynolds Wrap aluminun foil.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 50 minutes; sprinkle chicken with fresh lemon juice and serve.