Recipe by newmama
my mom always just called this "sub". It is perfect for football games (or any game!) wonderful hot or cold. these ingredient amounts are guesses, I just eyeball it, as my mom does.
Top Review by iewe
The flavor in this was really good, and I love the idea... However, I think that there are a couple of changes that I need to make next time (and there will be a next time). First, I would seperate this into two smaller sandwiches. The dough in the middle of the sanwich did not get cooked all the way thru -- though I think it would be fine if made into two smaller sandwiches. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (11 ounce) canpillsbury French bread dough
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Italian dressing
- 6 slices turkey
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds (or sesame seeds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Toll out the dough to pretty much cover the baking sheet.
- Spread with mustard/Italian dressing combo, leaving the edges dry.
- Lay down turkey on top of dressing, then prosciutto, then provolone.
- Roll it up fairly tight into a log, pinching the edge and ends closed.
- Brush with egg.
- Sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake according to french bread instructions.
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting.