Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Reuben sandwiches for a crowd? Make them the easy way!
- 1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄8 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2⁄3 cup thousand island dressing
- 1⁄2 lb cooked corned beef
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 slices rye bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- In large bowl, mix saurkraut, onion, parsley, and caraway seed.
- Spoon into 2 qt.
- baking dish.
- Layer with half the cheese, half the salad dressing, and all of the corned beef.
- Layer remaining salad dressing and cheese.
- In large skillet, melt butter, add bread cubes, and stir until bread is coated.
- Sprinkle bread over top of casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes until all is hot and bread cubes are browned.
We loved this casserole. I assembled all (except bread topping) about 2 hours before baking, and it help up nicely. I used deli corned beef instead of canned and used a full cup of the dressing, but that was because my dish was probably too large. My husband enjoyed this dish and I will make it again.
Fantastic recipe! My wife and I enjoyed this immensely. Will make again!! Thanks for sharing.
Awesome! I love reubens, but they are so messy and I usually end up eating them with a fork anyhow. This is a perfect solution. I made this as written using leftover cooked corned beef and homemade thousand island dressing. Next time I must double the recipe. Thanx for sharing!