Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The beans are tender in its delicious sauce!
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lb salt pork (cubed)
- 1⁄4 lb ham slices (in 1 inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a glass oven dish, throw in one can of red beans with its juices.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 30 minutes.
These were very good, although the name is misleading. I cooked these as a main dish but it really would be better a side to some type of meat. Reminded me of the good baked beans you would have at a cookout.